Not only do consumers benefit from inclusivity in marketing, however companies and brands are also able to expand their consumer market as well as they reach and target more groups in their advertisements. June, which is considered the month of Pride, is the month where not only do we celebrate the rights of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and the Queer community, however, companies have the opportunity to demonstrate their support for the community and inclusivity in their marketing strategies.
Here are some ways in which we can all support the LGBTQ community through marketing in branding. It is important to remember, however, that more important than just
marketing, your company practices what they preach, and treats everyone with inclusivity and equality as well. Your company can be an ally to the LGBTQ community by,
- Including propaganda that demonstrates those in the LGBTQ community in your ads, to offer your support and acceptance. Use inclusive language and images, while also creating impactful messages in your ads.
- Avoid stereotypes in your ads.
- Sharing awareness and printing digital ads that feature influential people in the LGBTQ community who have made a positive impact is important as well, as there are many influential people in the LGBTQ community.
- Being authentic in your ads is important, as well as demonstrating originality.
- More importantly, your company should also demonstrate its support by hiring people from the LGBTQ community, demonstrating that your business is a safe place that encourages and enforces acceptance.